English Courses with ED Visa Bangkok

Student Visa Thailand

ALA Language school is licensed by the Ministry of Education in Thailand, which means our students are able to apply for a student / ED visa in Bangkok. 

As long as you meet the personal criteria for eligibility, you should easily be able to obtain a visa that allows you to stay in Thailand for the duration of your studies with us. 

The ED Visa is designed to enable people from overseas to study in Thailand for up to 11.5-months in total, and can be applied for after you have enrolled in a course. 

We will, of course, provide you with full administrative support, ensuring that you have all of the documentation you need for a successful application. 

ALA Language School offers an ED Visa for English language course. The duration of the visa is as follows:


Our English language courses are suitable for people of all abilities and comprehension levels. Whether you are a total beginning with the English language, or you have relative fluency, you’ll be certain to find an ideal course for you.

The best part is that you can master the English language, create new academic and professional opportunities for yourself – all the while, enjoying an extended stay in the Kingdom of Thailand!

Extend Your Stay In Thailand

If you have previously held an ED Visa on a Thai language course, you will be unable to repeat the same course again and obtain an additional student visa. However, our English courses provide an attractive alternative visa option, allowing you to extend your stay in Thailand. You can even do it a third time with one of our Chinese language courses as well!

NOTE: If you want to continue with other language ED Visa programs, you need to leave Thailand after completing the whole 11.5 months of Beginner to Advanced levels. Following that, you can come back to apply for another ED Visa program).

Only non-native English speakers are eligible to apply for the English language course with ED Visa program.

Applicant Qualification Requirements:

The required applicant qualifications for the English Language Course are as follows:

  • Any nationality.
  • Aged 15 to 50 years old.
  • Non-native English speakers (No Native-English speaking Nationals allowed).
  • Having never previously held an ED Visa on an English language course. (MOE and Immigration Bureau do not allow students keep obtaining multiple ED Visas against the same language course).
  • If you previously held the ED Visa on an International English program at the university—unless you leave Thailand and come back with a Tourist Visa in order to proceed the ED Visa application on a language course—you will not be eligible for this course.
  • If you previously held the ED Visa on a Thai program in the university—provided that you held the ED visa with the university for less than 3 months—you will be eligible to enroll on a 3.5 to 11.5 Month English Language course as part of the ED Visa program (otherwise, you must leave Thailand and return with a Tourist Visa in order to proceed with the ED Visa application process).
  • If you have previously held any other kind of visa in Thailand, you must leave the country and come back with a Tourist Visa in order to proceed with the ED Visa application on a language course.
  • A criminal record certificate / background check is required by certain nationalities. You will need to collect a letter from ALA before applying for the certificate at Royal Thai Police Headquarters
  • If you have criminal record in your language, it must be translated into Thai and notarized by the translation center prior to your application.

If you require further information, or if you’d like to know how much the Education Visa in Thailand costs, please contact us today

    Your Cart
    Your cart is empty

    Apply Now