Best Bangkok nightlife places to visit
The nightlife in Thailand is amongst the most varied in the world, with areas and venues suitable for all. From the raucous cabaret shows in central Bangkok to sedate dinner cruises on the famous Chao Phraya River, Bangkok really does have something for everyone. The team at ALA have put our heads together and compiled a list of some of the most prominent areas for Bangkok nightlife.
- Khaosan Road – Traditionally the part of Bangkok that draws backpackers from around the world, Khaosan Road features several bars and nightclubs that are as popular today as they’ve always been. With comparatively cheap prices when compared to other areas of nightlife in Bangkok, Khaosan Road continues to attract both young and young-at-heart party lovers from around the world.
- Nana Road – Countless bars, nightclubs and discos make Nana Road one of the most popular places for nightlife in Bangkok. With live music, incredible stage shows and a cacophony of noise, Nana Road is certainly not for the faint of heart!
- Sukhumvit Road – The main thoroughfare of Bangkok, Sukhumvit Road is chock full of nightlife options for virtually every age group. From hidden small bars to full-on nightclubs and rooftop skybars, it’s not hard to find the right type of nightlife on Sukhumvit Road.
- Thong Lor & Ekkamai – Thong Lor & Ekkamai are the areas of Bangkok that attract the beautiful people. With several refined bars and sophisticated nightclubs, this area is unarguably the trendiest in Bangkok, and this is reflected by the nightlife venues in and around this part of town. From swanky rooftop bars to 24-hour coffee shops. Thong Lor & Ekkamai are the places to see and be seen.
- Asiatique The Riverfront – Asiatique The Riverfront is the refined choice for those who like their nightlife in Bangkok to be a more sedate experience. With a selection of high-class bars and restaurants and course dinner cruises, this option is a great choice for romantic couples and special family occasions.
- Yaowarat – With an irresistible combination of the best Thai street food, rooftop bars and high-brow cocktails bars, Yaowarat should be near the top of the list for those looking for a unique Bangkok nightlife experience. Notable venues in the area include Raymi Bar, Tep Bar, Wallflowers, Teens of Thailand and Independence Cocktail Bar.
- Royal City Avenue Soi (RCA) – RCA is a vibrant Bangkok nightlife area that is popular with young people from Thailand and across the world. Take your pick from a number of nightclubs and bars or simply stop by them all and see what they have to offer!
If Bangkok nightlife is something that appeals, and you fancy a long stay in the country to experience life like a local, consider learning Thai with ALA Language School. Aside from offering a range of Thai language courses for all levels of learning, we can also help you attain a long-stay education visa for the duration of your course. Please call or message us for further details.